Sandettie Lightship Buoy Data
Daily values taken at 12 noon UTC.
Tidal range is the absolute difference between high and low Dover tides.
There were 38 swim dates in our solo swims database during 2016: May 16th, Jun 10th, Jun 13th, Jun 22nd, Jun 28th, Jul 6th, Jul 14th, Jul 17th, Jul 18th, Jul 21st, Jul 22nd, Jul 26th, Jul 30th, Jul 31st, Aug 9th, Aug 13th, Aug 14th, Aug 17th, Aug 18th, Aug 19th, Aug 23rd, Aug 24th, Aug 25th, Aug 26th, Aug 29th, Aug 30th, Sep 1st, Sep 5th, Sep 6th, Sep 7th, Sep 11th, Sep 12th, Sep 13th, Sep 14th, Sep 19th, Sep 20th, Sep 21st, Sep 23rd.
- Data shown on these graphs are from the Sandettie Lightship Buoy automatic weather station. It is the closest station measuring sea temperatures and weather to the Channel swimming routes.
- To track graph values move the mouse over the graph area. To change graph resolution, highlight the area of interest. To zoom out, double-click on the graph area.
- Sandettie data is provided by the Met Office: it contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v1.0. Please read our detailed notes on Sandettie data and interpreting these graphs and values.
- Tide range data is calculated by the XTide freeware. See our Tides section for more information.
- If you have any suggestions or comments on how we presented this data, please contact us.